With today’s social media strategies, more and more people are turning to Instagram. Why? digital video and followers. Instagram is hot right now. Quick videos, posts, tie in to Facebook, it all adds up. So are businesses using Instagram? Absolutely! But you need to pay attention to how you use Instagram to brand your business. I will say that if you use Instagram on a business platform, it is probably going to take a dedicated team member or a professional social media consultant to engage your base. Instagram is as says is “instant” or on demand marketing. You need to be ready to engage, respond, and follow through. Having said that, here are some tips to use Instagram for your marketing strategy.
- Use good clean photos or videos. The videos can be from your cell phone but make sure they reflect your business and not some silly selfie of you or “stunt”.
- Tell a story of your marketing idea or brand.
- Be yourself and be natural. Don’t try to be that ridiculous used car salesman!
- Engage and respond to your followers on Instagram and use # ( hashtags) to expand your band
- Start Conversations! Talk about Who, What, and Why
- Make a Call to Action. Do things like Call now, respond to this promotional code, Share My post, make your followers do something!
- You can tag a follower and they actually do not have to be following you. If you tag a particular person, just use the @ symbol and their name.
I hope these points help you understand a bit about Instagram and its powerful platform. Fortune 500 companies to small SMBs have turned to Instagram to get their brand out. Now it is your turn. Use the video feature, engage your base, and use the hashtags! Good luck with Instagram.